If you’re looking to take your sex life to the next level, doing yoga for sexuality might be the answer. Not only does yoga bring sexual energy and libido back into balance, it can also enhance pleasure in the bedroom. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits yoga can offer for your sexual health and how to incorporate yoga into your sex life.
What Is Yoga for Sexuality?
First, let’s explore yoga for sexuality. Simply put, yoga for sexuality is the practice of using yoga poses and breathing exercises to increase sexual energy, arousal and pleasure. By focusing on mindfulness, yoga can help you become more aware of your body and its needs. It also encourages openness to pleasure and sexual exploration.
In yoga, we use poses and breathing techniques to open up energy channels in the body. These yoga poses target areas like the hips and pelvic floor, which can help to increase sexual energy and improve libido. The yoga poses are combined with breathing exercises, meditation and mindfulness techniques in order to help you relax and become more in tune with your body.
Benefits of Doing Yoga for Sexuality
Next, let’s look at the benefits yoga can offer for your sexual health. Practicing yoga for sexuality will help with:
- Improved libido – yoga can help with both physical and psychological aspects of sexual health, such as arousal and libido.
- Improved communication – yoga helps to improve communication between partners as yoga can help you become more aware of your body and its needs. This allows for better communication between partners, which is essential for a healthy sexual relationship.
- Improved pleasure – yoga helps to increase blood flow to the pelvic region and can make sex more enjoyable.
- Increased stamina – yoga helps to strengthen the muscles in the pelvic area, which can help you last longer during sex.
- Improved overall health – yoga is known for its health benefits, such as improved mental and physical wellbeing.
Yoga Poses for Sexual Health
Once you ’ve got the basics down, you can start incorporating yoga poses into your sex life. Here are some poses that can help to increase sexual energy and arousal:
- Cat/Cow – this yoga pose helps to open up the hips and pelvic area, making it great for increased pleasure.
- Bridge pose – this yoga pose helps to strengthen the pelvic floor and can help increase sexual stamina.
- Cobra pose – this yoga pose helps to stretch the spine, making it great for increased flexibility and range of motion.
- Corpse pose – this yoga pose helps to relax the body and mind, making it a great way to wind down after yoga practice.
- Seated yoga twist – this yoga pose helps to increase blood flow and circulation, making it great for improving sexual energy.
- Downward facing dog – this yoga pose helps to open up the chest and shoulders, making it great for body awareness.
- Other yoga poses – there are many other yoga poses that can help to increase your sexual pleasure, such as child’s pose, warrior pose, and more.
How to Incorporate Yoga into Your Sex Life
Now, let’s look at how yoga can be used to enhance sexual pleasure. Here are some tips for incorporating yoga into your sex life:
- Start slowly – yoga can be quite intense, so it’s important to start off slowly. Begin with simple poses and gradually work your way up as you become more comfortable.
- Practice yoga poses together – yoga can be a great way for couples to bond and reconnect. Try practicing yoga poses together in order to get in sync with each other’s body and energy.
- Focus on relaxation – yoga is all about connecting your mind and body, so make sure to focus on relaxation during yoga sessions as this will help you both become more in tune with each other.
Finally, let’s look at some common questions you may have about yoga for sexuality.
Will Yoga Increase My Libido?
Yes, yoga can be beneficial for increasing libido. By focusing on relaxation and breathing techniques, yoga can help to increase blood flow to the pelvic region and decrease stress levels. This can help to increase overall sexual energy and desire. Additionally, yoga can also help you become more in tune with your body and its needs, which can help you to become more aware of and respond to your sexual urges.
Can Yoga Help with Erectile Dysfunction?
Yes, yoga can be beneficial for men suffering from erectile dysfunction. By focusing on breath and relaxation techniques, yoga can help to open up the pelvic area and increase blood flow. This increased blood flow can help to make erections easier to maintain. Additionally, yoga can help reduce stress, which can be a major cause of erectile dysfunction.
What Is the Sex Chakra?
The sex chakra is the energy center located at the base of the spine. This energy center is responsible for creativity, sexuality and pleasure. When this chakra is blocked, it can lead to a decrease in sexual energy and pleasure. Practicing yoga can help to open up this energy center and increase your sexual energy.
How to Activate the Sex Chakra?
To help activate this energy center, you can practice yoga poses that target the pelvic region. Additionally, focusing on relaxation and breathing techniques can help to open up this energy center.
- Focus on your breath – yoga helps to bring focus to the breath, which can help to open up and activate the sex chakra.
- Visualize – yoga can also help to open up and activate the sex chakra by visualizing it in your mind. Visualize the sex chakra as a bright and vibrant wheel of energy that radiates from the base of your spine.
- Meditate – yoga can help to open up and activate the sex chakra by meditating on it. Focus your attention on the energy center and allow yourself to feel the energy flowing through it.
Yoga can be a great way to enhance your sex life and take it to the next level. With yoga, you can improve your libido, communication and pleasure and increase your overall sexual health. Try incorporating yoga poses into your yoga practice in order to reap the benefits yoga has to offer for your sexuality. With yoga, you can find a new level of pleasure and passion in your sex life.
Related: Create a Life of Balance